Jump to Main Content
- Pastore, Gláucia M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food research international 2019
- Plinia cauliflora; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; formic acid; ingredients; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; pH; phenolic acids; phosphoric acid; qualitative analysis; raw materials; solvents
- ... Jabuticaba peel presents a high content of bioactive compounds such as phenolic acids, flavonoids, and anthocyanins, normally considered as a food residue. Nowadays, there is a great interesting in the recovery of bioactive compounds from food residue due to health benefits of the ingredients produced, environmental issues and economic aspects. For the success of phenolic compounds extraction, the ...
- Pastore, Glaucia M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2011 v.59 no.6 pp. 2277-2283
- Plinia cauliflora; antioxidant activity; blood plasma; body weight; freeze drying; rats
- ... The effect of the intake of freeze-dried jaboticaba peel powder on the antioxidant potential of rats’ blood plasma was investigated in two experiments. In the first, 35 male rats, divided into 5 groups, received 7 mg of anthocyanins/100 g of body weight, by gavage. The blood was withdrawn 0, 30, 60, and 120 min after gavage. The antioxidant capacity was evaluated in plasma by ORAC and TEAC. There ...