Jump to Main Content
- Casas, María P.; Conde, Enma; Domínguez, Herminia; Moure, Andrés
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Mazumder, Anupriya; Holdt, Susan Løvstad; De Francisci, Davide; Alvarado-Morales, Merlin; Mishra, H. N.; Angelidaki, Irini
- Journal of applied phycology 2016 v.28 no.6 pp. 3625-3634
- Sargassum muticum; alginates; antioxidant activity; equations; ethanol; factor analysis; fluorescence; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyphenols; regression analysis; solvents; spectrophotometers; temperature; wastes
- ... In the present study, alginate extraction from the brown seaweed Sargassum muticum was studied using single factor analysis. Response Surface Methodology-Central Composite Rotatary design (RSM-CCRD) was performed to reduce and optimize extraction temperature, alkali concentration, and consumption of solvent. Different interaction effect of three extraction factors of temperature (60–100 °C), alkal ...