Jump to Main Content
- Lee, K.G.; Lee, S.E.; Takeoka, G.R.; Kim, J.H.; Park, B.S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1580-1586
- Fagus; wood; creosote; volatile organic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; food additives; herbal medicines; medicinal properties
- ... Volatile constituents of beechwood creosote were determined using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The major volatile constituents of creosote were 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol; 25.2%) 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol (4-methylguaiacol; 21.4%), 3-methylphenol (m-cresol; 8.3%) 4-methylphenol (p-cresol; 7.9%) 2-methylphenol (o-cresol; 4.6%) and phenol (2.8%). The antiox ...
- Sahu, S.C.; Ruggles, D.I.; O'Donnell, M.W.
- Food and chemical toxicology 2006 v.44 no.10 pp. 1751-1757
- xerophytes; shrubs; Larrea tridentata; medicinal plants; leaves; plant extracts; essential oils; nordihydroguaiaretic acid; creosote; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; toxicity testing; cell culture; rats; hepatocytes; clones; cytolysis; hepatotoxicity; traditional medicine; oxidative stress; lipid peroxidation; DNA damage; lactate dehydrogenase; United States; Mexico