Jump to Main Content
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Horticultural plant journal 2019 v.5 no.4 pp. 155-163
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Malus; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apples; colorectal neoplasms; esophageal neoplasms; fruit extracts; fruits; functional foods; healthy diet; horticultural crops; inhibitory concentration 50; neoplasm cells; polyphenols; stomach neoplasms
- ... To explore the potential of crabapples as functional food, polyphenols in crabapples and ‘Fuji’ apples were extracted, and the phenolic profile, total polyphenols, antioxidant activity and anti-proliferative activity against several human cancer cells were determined. The results indicated that crabapple extracts have more abundant phenols and higher total polyphenols (from 4.46 to 46.63 mg GAE·g− ...
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of food biochemistry 2019 v.43 no.11 pp. e13028
- Malus micromalus; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; apples; bioactive compounds; catechin; color; dietary supplements; epicatechin; food industry; free radicals; fruit extracts; fruits; human cell lines; human diseases; inhibitory concentration 50; metabolites; neoplasm cells; proanthocyanidins; raw materials; stomach neoplasms
- ... The study aims to analyze the phenolic compounds in Malus spp. and evaluate their antioxidant and pro‐apoptotic effects in BGC‐803 gastric cancer cells. The results showed that cyanidin‐3‐galactoside was the main polyphenol in Malus “Royalty” (MR), while catechin, epicatechin, and proanthocyanidin B1 and B2 contents were higher in Malus “Cinnabar” (MC) and Malus micromalus (MM) than in MR fruits. ...