Jump to Main Content
- Monteschio, Jessica de Oliveira, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2018 v.55 no.12 pp. 4945-4955
- Oreochromis niloticus; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; coatings; color; edible films; firmness; fish; fish fillets; ginger; lipid peroxidation; odors; oregano; oregano oil
- ... The quality and sensory acceptability of fish fillet (Oreochromis niloticus) with alginate-based coating containing ginger and oregano essential oils (EO) were evaluated. The antioxidant activity of essential oil, coating, and fish were also investigated. In relation to lipid oxidation, a decrease was observed in fish with the edible coatings compared to the control being the coating with oregano ...
- Monteschio, Jessica de Oliveira, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.84 pp. 579-585
- adhesion; adhesives; antioxidant activity; butylated hydroxytoluene; cerebral palsy; children; color; dysphagia; essential oils; infant foods; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; oregano; pH; polyphenols; shelf life; storage time; texture
- ... The development of a meat-based food, with a pasty texture, meets the need to improve the nutritional intake (mainly protein), in children diagnosed with cerebral palsy and dysphagia disorders. This study evaluated the use of oregano essential oil (EO) on the development of an infant food (IF) for children with cerebral palsy and dysphagia disorders, and the shelf-life (polyphenols content, antiox ...