Jump to Main Content
- Jamwal, Sumit; Kumar, Puneet
- Physiology & behavior 2016 v.155 pp. 180-187
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; 3-nitropropionic acid; 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid; adenosine; anti-inflammatory activity; antioxidants; body weight; dopamine; gamma-aminobutyric acid; glutamic acid; glutathione; homovanillic acid; hypoxanthine; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; models; neurodegenerative diseases; neuroprotective effect; neurotransmitters; nitrites; norepinephrine; oxidative stress; rats; serotonin; spermidine; toxicity; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Spermidine, a naturally occurring polyamine, is involved in various internal biological functions, due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. A decreased level of polyamines is associated with aging and neurodegenerative disorders including Huntington disease (HD). 3-Nitropropanoic acid (3-NP) induces a spectrum of HD-like neuropathologies in rat striatum and thus serves as a good ex ...
- Abdel Moneim, Ahmed E.; Bauomy, Amira A.; Diab, Marwa M. S.; Shata, Mohamed Tarek M.; Al-Olayan, Ebtesam M.; El-Khadragy, Manal F.
- Biological trace element research 2014 v.160 no.3 pp. 392-399
- lipid peroxidation, etc ; 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid; Physalis peruviana; adults; antioxidants; cadmium; calcium; catalase; cerebellum; cerebral cortex; chlorides; dopamine; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; hippocampus; metabolites; neurotoxicity; nitric oxide; protective effect; rats; serotonin; superoxide dismutase; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The present study was carried out to investigate the protective effect of Physalis peruviana L. (family Solanaceae) against cadmium-induced neurotoxicity in rats. Adult male Wistar rats were randomly divided into four groups. Group 1 was used as control. Group 2 was intraperitoneally injected with 6.5 mg/kg bwt of cadmium chloride for 5 days. Group 3 was treated with 200 mg/kg bwt of methanolic ex ...