Jump to Main Content
- Arnao, Marino B., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Trends in plant science 2019 v.24 no.1 pp. 38-48
- antioxidants; free radicals; melatonin; photosynthesis; plant hormones; rooting; seed germination
- ... Melatonin is a pleiotropic molecule with many diverse actions in plants. It is considered primarily an antioxidant with important actions in the control of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species (ROS and RNS), among other free radicals, and harmful oxidative molecules present in plant cells. In addition, plant melatonin is involved in multiple physiological actions, such as growth, rooting, seed ger ...
- Arnao, Marino B, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2016 v.96 no.9 pp. 3079-3087
- Camellia sinensis; antineoplastic activity; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; body weight; catalase; doxorubicin; genes; glutathione-disulfide reductase; kidney diseases; kidneys; oxidation; oxidative stress; polyphenols; rats; superoxide dismutase; white tea
- ... BACKGROUND: White tea infusion (Camelia sinensis) has antioxidants properties. The infusion contains polyphenols that have been proposed to induce antioxidant response element (ARE) response via nuclear factor E2‐related factor 2 (NRF2). Adriamycin (ADR) has antitumour properties and oxidative effects. Oxidative stress is related to a variety of kidney diseases. Prevention of the oxidative stress ...