Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Conglin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2012 v.139 pp. 86-89
- Chrysanthemum; DNA; antioxidants; buffers; chromosomes; leaves; libraries; molecular weight; oxidation; phenolic compounds; spermidine; yields
- ... We developed an improved method for preparing high molecular weight DNA (HMW-DNA) from leaves of Chrysanthemum lavandulifolium that has high content of phenolic compounds. Compared with three previous methods for preparing HMW-DNA, only with the improved method a considerable yield of HMW-DNA more than 2Mb was achieved. The improved method utilizes a modified buffer system including 1% (v/v) Î²-me ...
- Huang, Conglin, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Plant physiology 2012 v.159 no.2 pp. 671-681
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Zea mays; antioxidants; coleoptiles; corn; cysteine; gene expression; glutathione transferase; metabolism; mutation; oxidants; prediction; protein-tyrosine-phosphatase; protoplasts; sulfhydryl groups
- ... Protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPases) have long been thought to be activated by reductants and deactivated by oxidants, owing to the presence of a crucial sulfhydryl group in their catalytic centers. In this article, we report the purification and characterization of Reductant-Inhibited PTPase1 (ZmRIP1) from maize (Zea mays) coleoptiles, and show that this PTPase has a unique mode of redox regul ...
- PubMed Central: