Jump to Main Content
- Diaz-San Segundo, Fayna, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of virology 2012 v.86 no.8 pp. 4477
- Foot-and-mouth disease virus; Human adenovirus C; antiviral properties; cattle; cattle diseases; cell culture; chickens; disease severity; foot-and-mouth disease; gene expression; humans; immune response; interferons; mice; new family; shedding; swine; viremia
- ... Interferons (IFNs) are the first line of defense against viral infections. Although type I and II IFNs have proven effective to inhibit foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) replication in swine, a similar approach had only limited efficacy in cattle. Recently, a new family of IFNs, type III IFN or IFN-λ, has been identified in human, mouse, chicken, and swine. We have identified bovine IFN-λ3 (boIF ...
- PubMed Central:
- Díaz-San Segundo, Fayna, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Virology 2011 v.413 no.2 pp. 283
- immune response; interferons; gene expression regulation; antiviral properties; Foot-and-mouth disease virus; foot-and-mouth disease; cattle diseases; host-pathogen relationships
- ... Foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) is one of the most serious threats to the livestock industry. Despite the availability of a vaccine, recent outbreaks in disease-free countries have demonstrated that development of novel FMD control strategies is imperative. Here we report the identification and characterization of bovine (bo) interferon lambda 3 (IFN-λ3), a member of the type III IFN family. Expressi ...