Jump to Main Content
- Xavier Sánchez Salguero; David Prandi; Francisco Llabrés-Díaz; Edgar Garcia Manzanilla; Claudio Bussadori
- Irish veterinary journal 2018 v.71 no.1 pp. 25
- aorta; body length; cost effectiveness; dogs; echocardiography; heart; heart valve diseases; monitoring; radiography; vertebrae
- ... BACKGROUND: The dimensions of the left atrium in cases with mitral regurgitation are an indirect measurement of its severity. The objective of this study was to evaluate the value of a new radiographic measurement, the radiographic left atrial dimension (RLAD), for detecting left atrial enlargement (LAE) in dogs. Thirty one dogs without LAE and 46 dogs with LAE were recruited in a prospective fash ...
- PubMed Central:
- G. Bedoya Nader; D.F. Hogan
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2020 v.30 pp. 1-6
- French Bulldog; albumins; aorta; cost effectiveness; dogs; image analysis; males; patent ductus arteriosus; polycythemia; scintigraphy
- ... A 27-month-old male neutered French bulldog that was originally diagnosed with tricuspid valve dysplasia and a bidirectional shunting patent foramen ovale was evaluated for progressive polycythemia and exertional cyanosis. There was a high clinical suspicion for a right-to-left shunting patent ductus arteriosus, but given the presence of agitated saline within the left atrium, left ventricle, asce ...