Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Kathy Qian, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2012 v.418 no.4 pp. 641-646
- antineoplastic agents; apoptosis; biosensors; caspase-3; endothelial cells; energy transfer; fluorescence; monitoring; paclitaxel; screening; yellow fluorescent protein
- ... In this study, we developed a high-throughput endothelial cell apoptosis assay using a fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)-based biosensor. After exposure to apoptotic inducer UV-irradiation or anticancer drugs such as paclitaxel, the fluorescence of the cells changed from green to blue. We developed this method into a high-throughput assay in 96-well plates by measuring the emission rat ...
- Luo, Kathy Qian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2014 v.77 no.5 pp. 1111-1116
- Garcinia; P-glycoproteins; anticarcinogenic activity; antineoplastic agents; apoptosis; bark; breasts; colorectal neoplasms; cytotoxicity; inhibitory concentration 50; mitosis; neoplasm cells; uterine cervical neoplasms; xanthone
- ... Twenty compounds from Garcinia oblongifolia were screened for proapoptotic activity using FRET-based HeLa-C3 sensor cells. Among them, oblongifolins F and G (1 and 2), 1,3,5-trihydroxy-13,13-dimethyl-2H-pyran[7,6-b]xanthone (3), nigrolineaxanthone T (4), and garcicowin B (5) showed significant proapoptotic activity at a concentration of 10 μM. Bioassessments were then performed to evaluate the pot ...