Jump to Main Content
- Turk, Mohammad F., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2010 v.58 no.17 pp. 9611–9616
- pulsed electric fields; food processing quality; extraction; apple juice; mashing; particle size; yields; food analysis; food composition; food quality; polyphenols
- ... This study explored the effect of pulsed electric field (PEF) treatment (E = 450 V/cm; tt = 10 ms; E < 3 kJ/kg) and apple mash size on juice yield, polyphenolic compounds, sugars, and malic acid. Juice yield increased significantly after PEF treatment of large mash (Y = 71.4%) and remained higher than the juice yield obtained for a control small mash (45.6%). The acid sweet balance was not altered ...
- Turk, Mohammad F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2012 v.14 pp. 61-69
- apple cider; apple juice; catechol oxidase; cell membranes; chemical composition; chlorogenic acid; color; electroporation; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; industrial applications; ions; mash; nutritive value; oxidation; polyphenols; presses; pulsed electric fields
- ... Pulsed electric field (PEF) treatment (E=1000V/cm, f=200Hz and tₚ=100μs) was applied to French cider apple mash pumped into a collinear treatment chamber at the flow rate of 280kg/h. Juices were recovered continuously using a single belt press. PEF treatment of the mash (32ms and 46kJ/kg) increased the juice yield by 4.1%. The content of total native polyphenols decreased by 17.8% in the treated j ...
- Turk, Mohammad. F., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2012 v.49 no.2 pp. 245-250
- apple juice; apples; chemical composition; color; dry matter accumulation; fructose; glucose; juice quality; malic acid; mash; odors; oxidation; polyphenols; pomace; pulsed electric fields; taste
- ... This study investigated the Pulsed Electric field (PEF) effect on apple mash, regarding quantitative, qualitative and sensory attributes, on an industrial scale. PEF treatment (E = 650 V/cm, tPEF = 23.2 ms, q = 32 kJ/kg) was applied to apple mash at the flow rate of 4400 kg/h in a module of colinear design made of four treatment chambers. Juice yield significantly increased from 71.1% to 76.3% due ...