Jump to Main Content
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant and soil 2018 v.433 no.1-2 pp. 173-187
- Andosols; RNA; aquaporins; developmental stages; diurnal variation; environmental factors; evaporation; gene expression; genes; leaves; meteorological parameters; nitrogen; paddies; panicles; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; ripening; roots; stomatal conductance; tillering; water analysis
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Gene expression analysis under field conditions improves our understanding of crop responses to fluctuating environmental conditions. We evaluated RNA extraction methods and reference genes for a quantitative real-time PCR study of rice roots grown under field conditions. METHODS: Roots were collected from paddy (Andosol) at different growth stages, from tillering to ripening. ...
- MURAI-HATANO, MARI, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2011 v.34 no.7 pp. 1150-1163
- aquaporins; circadian rhythm; diurnal variation; gene expression; messenger RNA; photophase; relative humidity; rice; root hydraulic conductivity; roots; scotophase; shoots; transpiration; xylem
- ... Root hydraulic conductivity (Lpr) and aquaporin amounts change diurnally. Previously, these changes were considered to be spontaneously driven by a circadian rhythm. Here, we evaluated the new hypothesis that diurnal changes could be triggered and enhanced by transpirational demand from shoots. When rice plants were grown under a 12 h light/12 h dark regime, Lpr was low in the dark and high in the ...