Jump to Main Content
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant & cell physiology 2012 v.53 no.8 pp. 1445-1456
- acclimation; aquaporins; cold stress; cold tolerance; cold treatment; crops; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hydraulic conductivity; rice; root hydraulic conductivity; roots; shoots; temperature; water uptake
- ... Cold acclimation process plays a vital role in the survival of chilling- and freezing-tolerant plants subjected to cold temperature stress. However, it remains elusive whether a cold acclimation process enhances root water uptake (a component of chilling tolerance) in chilling-sensitive crops such as rice. By analyzing the root hydraulic conductivity under cold stress for a prolonged time, we foun ...
- MURAI-HATANO, MARI, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2011 v.34 no.7 pp. 1150-1163
- aquaporins; circadian rhythm; diurnal variation; gene expression; messenger RNA; photophase; relative humidity; rice; root hydraulic conductivity; roots; scotophase; shoots; transpiration; xylem
- ... Root hydraulic conductivity (Lpr) and aquaporin amounts change diurnally. Previously, these changes were considered to be spontaneously driven by a circadian rhythm. Here, we evaluated the new hypothesis that diurnal changes could be triggered and enhanced by transpirational demand from shoots. When rice plants were grown under a 12 h light/12 h dark regime, Lpr was low in the dark and high in the ...