Jump to Main Content
- Acree, Steven D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of contaminant hydrology 2009 v.106 no.1-2 pp. 1-14
- groundwater contamination; arsenic; remediation; iron; oxidants; aquifers; geochemistry; hydrochemistry; Montana
- ... Developments and improvements of remedial technologies are needed to effectively manage arsenic contamination in groundwater at hazardous waste sites. In June 2005, a 9.1 m long, 14 m deep, and 1.8 to 2.4 m wide (in the direction of groundwater flow) pilot-scale permeable reactive barrier (PRB) was installed at a former lead smelting facility, located near Helena, Montana (USA). The reactive barri ...
- Acree, Steven D., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2011 v.85 no.9 pp. 1525-1537
- ammonium nitrogen; aquifers; arsenic; barium; calcium; groundwater; hydrochemistry; landfill leachates; landfills; loci; oxides; ponds; sediments; seepage; surface water; temporal variation; waterways; wells; Massachusetts
- ... Discharge of contaminated ground water may serve as a primary and on-going source of contamination to surface water. A field investigation was conducted at a Superfund site in Massachusetts, USA to define the locus of contaminant flux and support source identification for arsenic contamination in a pond abutting a closed landfill. Subsurface hydrology and ground-water chemistry were evaluated in t ...