Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Shaoyuan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2017 v.530 pp. 220-231
- anion exchange; artificial membranes; cleaning; desalination; dielectric spectroscopy; electrical resistance; electrodialysis; fouling; hydrochloric acid; ions; sodium dodecyl sulfate; sodium hydroxide
- ... In this study, the fouling of anion exchange membrane (AEM) in electrodialysis was investigated using sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) as a model foulant, and the effect of membrane cleaning on the properties of the fouled AEMs was examined further. Results showed that the severer fouling of AEM was caused by the higher concentration of SDS in the feed solution, and a dense SDS fouling layer was forme ...
- Shi, Shaoyuan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2010 v.101 no.4 pp. 417-423
- fish products; skeletal muscle; animal tissue extracts; desalination; dialysis; artificial membranes; equipment design; electrical treatment; nutrient content; nutritive value; energy use and consumption; ion exchange resins; fouling
- ... The desalination of fish meat extract was performed via electrodialysis based on different membrane stack configurations (i.e., conventional electrodialysis or packed-bed electrodialysis) at a constant current. The salt removal and brix change showed that the diluted fish meat extract could be effectively desalted using electrodialysis, while the mostly nutritional ingredients remained in the dilu ...