Jump to Main Content
- Arnao, Marino B., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2014 v.160 pp. 134-140
- Cynara cardunculus subsp. cardunculus; antioxidant activity; artichokes; ascorbic acid; bracts; byproducts; canning; cutting; dietary fiber; functional foods; functional properties; gallic acid; heat treatment; inulin; quercetin; water content
- ... In this study, the basic chemical composition and functional properties of six by-product fractions collected from different steps of artichoke industrial processing were evaluated. Fractions differed in thermal treatment, the bract position in the artichoke head and the cutting size. Contents of moisture, ash, protein, fat, dietary fibre, inulin, total phenolics, total flavonoids, caffeoyl deriva ...
- Arnao, Marino B., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Postharvest biology and technology 2003 v.28 no.1 pp. 59-65
- Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; lycopene; phenols; ripening; tomatoes
- ... Changes in antioxidant activity during the on-vine ripening of tomatoes (Lycopersicon esculentum) were studied at four different ripening stages (green, breaker, pink and red ripe). Hydrophilic and lipophilic antioxidant activities (HAA and LAA, respectively) were determined and their relationships to ascorbic acid, total phenols, lycopene and β-carotene contents were analysed. HAA and ascorbic ac ...