Jump to Main Content
- Magyar, T., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2005 v.53 no.3 pp. 287-298
- atrophy; average daily gain; birth weight; farms; finishing; growth performance; herds; nose; pneumonia; rhinitis; slaughter; swine; weaning; weight gain; Hungary
- ... The influence of atrophic rhinitis (AR) and pneumonia on growth performance was assessed in a conventional farrow-to-finish pig farm affected by both diseases. All tested pigs (n = 138) were individually weighed at birth, at weaning, at moving to the growing/finishing unit, and at slaughtering. The extent (grade) of turbinate atrophy and lung consolidation attributable to pneumonia was determined ...
- Magyar, T., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2003 v.51 no.4 pp. 485-491
- air; atrophy; computed tomography; image analysis; nasal cavity; swine; teeth
- ... Computed tomography (CT), a non-invasive visualisation technique was applied for imaging the bony structures of the nasal cavity of pigs, and compared to the traditional scoring system of turbinate atrophy in swine. Twenty-three 27-week-old pigs representing various stages of turbinate atrophy were used. Nasal structures were visually scored on CT scans and transversal cuts of the noses at the lev ...