Jump to Main Content
- Cabral, Lucio M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Current microbiology 2011 v.62 no.2 pp. 684-689
- Enterococcus faecalis; antibacterial properties; bacteria; chloramphenicol; energy; hydrophobicity; models; solubility; therapeutics; toxicity; triazoles
- ... A broad-spectrum antibiotic therapy has led to medical complications and emergence of multiresistant bacteria including Enterococcus faecalis. In this study, we designed, synthesized, and evaluated the antibacterial activity of 13 nor-β-lapachone derivatives against a drug resistant E. faecalis strain. Two triazole substituted compounds (1e = 8 μg/ml and 1c = 16 μg/ml) and the non-substituted deri ...
- Cabral, Lúcio M., et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Current microbiology 2008 v.57 no.5 pp. 463-468
- Staphylococcus epidermidis; antibiotic resistance; antimicrobial properties; bacteria; bacterial infections; chloramphenicol; excretion; models; morbidity; mortality; pathogens; patients; pharmacokinetics; pyridines; risk; structure-activity relationships; toxicity
- ... Bacterial infections are a significant cause of morbidity and mortality among critically ill patients. The increase of antibiotic resistance in bacteria from human microbiota--such as Staphylococcus epidermidis, an important nosocomial pathogen that affects immunocompromised patients or those with indwelling devices--increased the desire for new antibiotics. In this study we designed, synthesized, ...