Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: dicke?
- Dickey, Aaron M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Veterinary research 2016 v.47 no.1 pp. 31
- Moraxella bovoculi; bacteria; cattle; eyes; genes; genetic variation; keratoconjunctivitis; nasopharynx; phylogeny
- ... Moraxella bovoculi is a recently described bacterium that is associated with infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis (IBK) or “pinkeye” in cattle. In this study, closed circularized genomes were generated for seven M. bovoculi isolates: three that originated from the eyes of clinical IBK bovine cases and four from the deep nasopharynx of asymptomatic cattle. Isolates that originated from the eyes o ...
- Dickey, Aaron M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The Florida entomologist 2014 v.97 no.2 pp. 362-366
- Propionibacterium; Pseudomonas; Scirtothrips dorsalis; Stenotrophomonas; bacteria; disease vectors; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; insect control; insects; invasive species; metagenomics; plant pests; symbionts
- ... The last 2 decades have produced a better understanding of insect-microbial associations and yielded some important opportunities for insect control. However, most of our knowledge comes from model systems. Thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) have been understudied despite their global importance as invasive species, plant pests and disease vectors. Using a culture and primer independent next-generat ...