Jump to Main Content
- Scrivens, James H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2011 v.108 no.43 pp. 17791-17796
- Escherichia coli; Methylocella; NAD (coenzyme); Roseobacter; bacteria; carbon; energy; eukaryotic cells; genes; metagenomics; methanol; mutagenesis; nitrogen; proteomics; trimethylamine
- ... Flavin-containing monooxygenases (FMOs) are one of the most important monooxygenase systems in Eukaryotes and have many important physiological functions. FMOs have also been found in bacteria; however, their physiological function is not known. Here, we report the identification and characterization of trimethylamine (TMA) monooxygenase, termed Tmm, from Methylocella silvestris, using a combinati ...
- PubMed Central:
- Scrivens, James H., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2012 v.11 no.9 pp. 4755-4763
- Methylocella; bacteria; fractionation; high performance liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; methane; pH; propane; protein synthesis; proteins; proteome; quantitative analysis; succinic acid
- ... The proteome of the bacterium Methylocella silvestris has been characterized using reversed phase ultra high pressure liquid chromatography (UPLC) and two-dimensional reversed phase (high pH)–reversed phase (low pH) UPLC prior to mass spectrometric analysis. Variations in protein expression levels were identified with the aid of label-free quantification in a study of soluble protein extracts from ...