Jump to Main Content
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Global change biology 2017 v.23 no.9 pp. 3825-3837
- Copepoda; Nematoda; Platyhelminthes; algae; bacteria; beta-glucosidase; biofilm; carbon; carbon cycle; community structure; dissolved organic carbon; enzyme activity; global warming; night temperature; photosynthesis; rivers; sediments; solar radiation; streams; trophic levels
- ... Diel temperature patterns are changing because of global warming, with higher temperatures being predicted to be more pronounced at night. Biological reactions are temperature dependent, with some occurring only during the daylight hours (e.g., light photosynthesis) and other during the entire day (e.g., respiration). Consequently, we expect the modification of daily temperature cycles to alter mi ...
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2016 v.765 no.1 pp. 169-183
- anthropogenic activities; bacteria; biofilm; enzyme activity; rivers; sediments; wastewater treatment
- ... We examined how wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) inputs affect fluvial biofilm functioning and structure developing on river surface sediments in two different reaches characterized by different anthropogenic pressures. The upper reach includes one site before and one after Palautordera WWTP (Pref and P, respectively); the lower reach includes one site before and one after Tordera WWTP (Tref and ...