Jump to Main Content
- Ingram, Kimberly D., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of food safety 2011 v.31 no.3 pp. 357-364
- agar; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; dodecanoic acid; hydroxides; pH; poultry; salts; sanitizers; spoilage
- ... The agar diffusion assay was used to examine antibacterial activity of alkaline salts of fatty acids (FA). Wells in agar seeded with bacteria were filled with FA-potassium hydroxide (KOH) solutions, plates were incubated and zones of inhibition were measured. Effects of lauric acid-KOH concentration and pH of caproic, caprylic, capric, lauric and myristic acids in KOH on sizes of zones of inhibiti ...
- Ingram, Kimberly D., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of food protection 2016 v.79 no.5 pp. 710-714
- Salmonella enterica; acid tolerance; agar; antibacterial properties; bacteria; chicken carcasses; nalidixic acid; peptones; plate count; poultry; regression analysis; sanitizers; sanitizing; serotypes
- ... Numerous antimicrobial chemicals are currently utilized as processing aids with the aim of reducing pathogenic bacteria on processed poultry carcasses. Carryover of active sanitizer to a carcass rinse solution intended for recovery of viable pathogenic bacteria by regulatory agencies may cause false-negative results. This study was conducted to document the potential carryover effect of five sanit ...