Jump to Main Content
- Koo, H., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of applied microbiology 2010 v.108 no.6 pp. 2103-2113
- Streptococcus mutans; bacteria; biofilm; biomass; exopolysaccharides; fluorescence; glucose; hydroxyapatite; image analysis; starch; sucrose
- ... To investigate the structural organization and dynamics of exopolysaccharides (EPS) matrix and microcolonies formation by Streptococcus mutans during the biofilm development process. Biofilms of Strep. mutans were formed on saliva-coated hydroxyapatite (sHA) discs in the presence of glucose or sucrose (alone or mixed with starch). At specific time points, biofilms were subjected to confocal fluore ...
- Koo, H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2007 v.103 no.5 pp. 1960-1968
- Streptococcus mutans; Vaccinium macrocarpon; acid tolerance; adenosinetriphosphatase; adsorption; bacteria; biofilm; biosynthesis; cranberries; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibitors; flavonols; fruits; glucans; glucosyltransferases; liquid chromatography; myricetin; phenolic acids; plant extracts; proanthocyanidins; viability; virulence
- ... Aims: To investigate the influence of several phenolic compounds isolated from cranberry fruit (Vaccinium macrocarpon) on some of the virulence properties of Streptococcus mutans associated with glucan synthesis and acidogenicity. Methods and Results: Individual phenolic acids, flavonols and proanthocyanidins were isolated by semi‐preparative high‐performance liquid chromatography from fresh cranb ...