Jump to Main Content
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2017 v.105 pp. 227-235
- Janthinobacterium lividum; Lactococcus piscium; Leuconostoc lactis; aerobiosis; bacteria; bacterial communities; coculture; ecological function; fermentation; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; keystone species; paddy soils; phylogeny; prediction; ribosomal RNA; rice; soil sampling; sulfur; time series analysis; trophic relationships
- ... High-throughput sequencing technologies have recently made it possible to interrogate the phylogenetic diversity of soils at considerable depth. This ability has led to the development of many computational tools to infer interaction networks from environmental samples. Although such tools have widely been used, they have more often served as a visual means to compare microbial communities across ...
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2015 v.24 no.10 pp. 2433-2448
- Actinomycetales; DNA; DNA repair; Verrucomicrobium; aluminum; bacterial communities; base saturation; burning; clearcutting; deforestation; forest soils; forests; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; metabolism; metagenomics; microbiome; nitrogen; nutrient availability; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; soil bacteria; soil fertility; soil nutrients; soil organic matter; soil pH; species diversity; Amazonia
- ... Slash‐and‐burn clearing of forest typically results in increase in soil nutrient availability. However, the impact of these nutrients on the soil microbiome is not known. Using next generation sequencing of 16S rRNA gene and shotgun metagenomic DNA, we compared the structure and the potential functions of bacterial community in forest soils to deforested soils in the Amazon region and related the ...