Jump to Main Content
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.31 no.4 pp. 524-532
- Edwardsiella tarda; Paralichthys olivaceus; Viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus; bacterial infections; cDNA libraries; chemokines; clones; complementary DNA; flounder; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; interferons; leukocytes; messenger RNA; microarray technology; pathogens; response elements; suppression subtractive hybridization; transcription (genetics)
- ... Transcriptional changes in the peripheral blood leucocytes (PBL) of Japanese flounder Paralichthys olivaceus challenged by Edwardsiella tarda and viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV) were investigated using suppression subtractive hybridization (SSH) coupled with cDNA microarray analysis. First, we constructed an SSH cDNA library using mRNA samples isolated from PBL of P. olivaceus that had b ...
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- bacterial antigens; bacterial proteins; pathogen identification; Edwardsiella tarda; Paralichthys olivaceus; animal pathogenic bacteria; vaccine development; bacterial infections; fish diseases; disease diagnosis; antigen detection; Japan
- ... Edwardsiella tarda is a fish pathogen that causes systemic infections in fresh water and marine fish. Determining the antigenic proteins is important for the development of an immunodiagnostic tests and a vaccine for effective infection control in fish. In the current study, antigens were detected by immunoblotting and affinity column chromatography using a Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceu ...