Jump to Main Content
- López‐Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2018 v.45 no.4 pp. 815-825
- mountains; phylogeny; fish; phylogeography; topography; haplotypes; ribosomal proteins; mitochondria; coasts; introns; geographical distribution; basins; models; highlands; statistical analysis; lowlands; Gymnotus carapo; mitochondrial genome; gene flow; cytochrome b; Suriname
- ... AIM: The Guiana Shield region exhibits extraordinary topography that includes sheer, flat‐topped mountains (tepuis) atop an upland platform. Rivers of the eastern Pakaraima Mountains descend to Atlantic coastal lowlands, often traversing spectacular rapids and waterfalls. For fish species distributed in both uplands and lowlands, it is unclear whether these rapids and waterfalls present population ...
- López-Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Copeia 2015 v.103 no.3 pp. 664-701
- Ancistrus; basins; coasts; lakes; monophyly; mountains; new species; systematic review; Andes region; Ecuador; Panama; Peru; Venezuela
- ... The rubbernose-pleco genus Chaetostoma comprises 47 currently valid and many undescribed species distributed along Atlantic and Pacific slopes of the Andes Mountains from Panama to southern Peru, the Coastal Mountains of Venezuela, and drainages of the Guiana and Brazilian shields. We present a five-locus molecular phylogeny for 21 described and six undescribed species of Chaetostoma spanning the ...