Jump to Main Content
- Lung'aho, Mercy, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.96 pp. 411-418
- beans; bulk density; digestible protein; extrusion; food industry; hardness; ingredients; polyphenols; protein content; response surface methodology; temperature; texture; water solubility; water uptake
- ... Effects of extruder die temperature, screw speed and ingredient feed moisture on Roba1 bean extrudate nutritional and physicochemical properties were evaluated by response surface methodology (RSM) and extrusion processing conditions optimized for optimal extrudate attributes by multi-response desirability function. Responses taken were protein content, protein digestibility, polyphenols, phytates ...
- Lung’aho, Mercy, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Nutrients 2017 v.9 no.7
- Phaseolus vulgaris; beans; bioassays; bioavailability; biofortification; diet; farmers; foods; human cell lines; iron; iron absorption; potatoes; rice; Rwanda
- ... This paper represents a series of in vitro iron (Fe) bioavailability experiments, Fe content analysis and polyphenolic profile of the first generation of Fe biofortified beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) selected for human trials in Rwanda and released to farmers of that region. The objective of the present study was to demonstrate how the Caco-2 cell bioassay for Fe bioavailability can be utilized to as ...