Jump to Main Content
- Zhelifonova, V. P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Microbiology 2018 v.87 no.5 pp. 642-651
- Penicillium; benzodiazepines; cyclopiazonic acid; diketopiperazines; ecosystems; ergot alkaloids; fungi; latitude; permafrost; polyketides; quinoline alkaloids; roquefortine; secondary metabolites; terpenoids; Antarctic region; Arctic region
- ... Secondary metabolites of 25 Penicillium strains isolated from high-latitude ecosystems (upper layer of Antarctic soils and Arctic permafrost deposits) were analyzed. Out of the studied strains, 80% were found to produce secondary metabolites belonging to benzodiazepine alkaloids (anacin, cyclopenin, and cyclopeptin), quinoline alkaloids (viridicatin and 3-methoxyviridicatin), diketopiperazine alka ...
- Zhelifonova, V. P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and microbiology 2013 v.49 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Penicillium; benzodiazepines; biosynthesis; diketopiperazines; ergot alkaloids; excretion; fungi; physicochemical properties; quinolines; secondary metabolites; taxonomy; tryptophan
- ... Fungi of the genus Penicillium isolated from little studied habitats are able to synthesize both previously known and new physiologically active compounds with diverse structures. They include secondary metabolites of alkaloid nature, i.e., ergot alkaloids, diketopiperazines, quinolines, quinazolines, benzodiazepines, and polyketides. We discuss the use of profiles of secondary metabolites for tax ...