Jump to Main Content
- Troncoso-Rojas, R.; Sanchez-Estrada, A.; Ruelas, C.; Garcia, H.S.; Tiznado-Hernandez, M.E.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1427-1434
- tomatoes; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; benzyl isothiocyanate; disease control; antifungal properties; postharvest treatment; postharvest physiology; cell respiration; ethylene production; food storage
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is known to be a strong antifungal compound in vitro against different fungi. The effectiveness of benzyl isothiocyanate to control Alternaria alternata growth in vitro and in vivo was tested. BITC in vitro activity was evaluated in A alternata growing on potato dextrose agar and exposed to 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 or 0.4 mg ml(-1). In vivo activity was evaluated by expos ...
- Kevin Dewitte; Sofie Landschoot; Jasper Carrette; Kris Audenaert; Veerle Derycke; Joos Latré; Pieter Vermeir; Geert Haesaert
- Biological control 2019 pp. -
- Lupinus; Pleiochaeta setosa; Raphanus sativus; Sinapis alba subsp. alba; allyl isothiocyanate; antifungal properties; benzyl isothiocyanate; biofumigation; biological control; dimethyl disulfide; disease control; fungal growth; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; leaves; mycelium; pesticides; radishes; root rot; tissues; vegetative growth
- ... Lupin is prone to infection by Pleiochaeta setosa (Kirchn.) Hughes causing brown spot and root rot in Lupinus species. The control of these diseases is crucial to limit yield losses, but an increased public awareness and European legislative restrictions have resulted in a drastic reduction of allowed pesticides and many research groups invest in alternative biocontrol strategies. In the current s ...