Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: david?
- Bailey-Davis, Lisa, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Childhood obesity 2017 v.13 no.2 pp. 164-171
- beverages; body mass index; childhood obesity; children; elementary schools; health care workers; parent education; parents; regression analysis; risk factors; screening; sleep; surveys
- ... Background: School-based body mass index screenings (SBMIS) have been controversial. We aimed to determine if parents would indicate improved utility with SBMIS when the report included parent education and whether parental intent to modify obesity risk factors would vary with report type or child weight.Methods: A cluster-controlled trial was conducted with 31 elementary schools randomized to dis ...
- Bailey-Davis, Lisa, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2013 v.113 no.2 pp. 251-257
- beverages; breakfast; children; focus groups; food purchasing; lunch; menu planning; middle schools; parents; school breakfast; stigma; students; taste; winter; youth
- ... Universal free access to school breakfast is available in large urban schools, but participation rates are less than half of what they are at lunch. The purpose of this qualitative study was to understand the discrepancy between access and participation in school breakfast in a low-income, urban school district. Youth (n=23) and parents (n=22) were recruited from three middle schools where ≥50% of ...