Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M. E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Annals of microbiology 2017 v.67 no.1 pp. 123-133
- Bacillus cereus; Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus fermentum; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Enteritidis; Staphylococcus aureus; Yersinia enterocolitica; antibacterial properties; bacteriocins; bile salts; byproducts; cassava; cassava flour; dough; effluents; lactic acid bacteria; pH; pathogens; probiotics; ribosomal DNA; screening
- ... Bacterial strains were isolated from cassava-derived food products and, for the first time, from cassava by-products, with a focus on gari, a flour-like product, and the effluents from the production processes for gari and fufu (a dough also made from cassava flour). A total of 47 strains were isolated, all of which were tested to determine their resistance to acidic pH and to bile salt environmen ...
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2015 v.93 pp. 90-97
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus paracasei; bile salts; food matrix; freezing; gastrointestinal system; microencapsulation; particle size; polymers; probiotics; storage time; viability
- ... Microencapsulation, utilizing different techniques and polymers, has been studied with the objective of maintaining probiotic viability in food matrices, protecting the cells from their detrimental environment, storage conditions and the passage of gastrointestinal tract (GIT). The main objective of this study was to assess the effect of freezing at −20°C upon probiotic alginate-calcium microparti ...