Jump to Main Content
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Natural product research 2019 v.33 no.6 pp. 906-910
- Candida; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; antioxidant activity; antiviral properties; apple cider; bioactive compounds; cider vinegar; cytotoxicity; traditional medicine; yeasts
- ... These are the days when one would go online first seeking home remedies before seeing a doctor. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one such popular yet scientifically under-validated remedy. Our results prove the unequivocal antimicrobial activity of ACV to be true at full strength concentrations. However, the activity cannot be generalised because although strong antibacterial activity was observed at ...
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.15 pp. 12143-12157
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Streptococcus mutans; antibacterial properties; bioactive compounds; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; mushrooms; palmitic acid; pathogens; solvents; sonication; stearic acid
- ... Solvent-based extractions have always held the upper hand when it comes to mushrooms. Assimilating the fact that mushrooms are a part of culinary components cooked in water and not in solvents; solvent-based extraction becomes a priority. Effective water based extraction stretches 24 h, leaving space for prospective improvising through analytical interference. We have demonstrated the effective do ...