Jump to Main Content
- Lai, Lei, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2020 v.247 pp. 116687
- X-ray diffraction; biodegradability; cellulose; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; modulus of elasticity; nanocrystals; packaging; polymer nanocomposites; polymerization; polymers; rheology; tensile strength; wide-angle X-ray scattering
- ... Simultaneous stiffening, strengthening, and toughening of biodegradable polymers, such as poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate) (PBAT) and others, is necessary for their use in packaging and agriculture applications. However, a high content of nanoinclusions is usually required, leading to a tradeoff between composite toughness and strength or stiffness in the reinforcement. Herein, we report an ...
- Lai, Lei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2018 v.6 no.5 pp. 6654-6662
- bio-packaging; biodegradability; mechanical testing; models; modulus of elasticity; montmorillonite; nanocomposites; permeability; prediction; tensile strength; thermal analysis; transmission electron microscopy; viability; water vapor; wide-angle X-ray scattering
- ... Low water vapor permeability is highly demanded for biodegradable packaging and agricultural film applications. However, biodegradable poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate) (PBAT) films demonstrate poor water vapor barrier properties. A series of nanocomposite (NC) films composed of organically modified montmorillonite (OMMT) dispersed at levels ranging from 0 to 13 wt % in PBAT were thus genera ...