Jump to Main Content
- Taniwaki, Ricardo H.; Matthaei, Christoph D.; Cardoso, Tatima K. M.; Ferraz, Silvio F. B.; Martinelli, Luiz A.; Piggott, Jeremy J.
- Biotropica 2019 v.51 no.1 pp. 18-27
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; Bacillariophyceae; algae; anthropogenic activities; aquatic ecosystems; aquatic food webs; biodiversity; bioenergy; biofilm; biomass; functional diversity; human development; land use change; nitrates; nutrient availability; pastures; rain; riparian forests; runoff; stream flow; streams; sugarcane; tropics; water temperature; watersheds; Brazil; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Tropical streams are one of the most endangered ecosystems in the world due to the constant pressures from human activities. Among these activities, agriculture represents a land use that is crucial for human development but also a key driver of stream degradation and biodiversity decline in the tropics. Against this background, we investigated indirect effects of agriculture (alterations in strea ...
- Colin, Nicole; Porte, Cinta; Fernandes, Denise; Barata, Carlos; Padrós, Francesc; Carrassón, Maite; Monroy, Mario; Cano-Rocabayera, Oriol; de Sostoa, Adolfo; Piña, Benjamín; Maceda-Veiga, Alberto
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.540 pp. 307-323
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; anthropogenic activities; anthropogenic stressors; bile; biodiversity; biomarkers; climate change; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; energy; experimental design; fish; food webs; health status; histopathology; indicator species; indigenous species; issues and policy; macroinvertebrates; managers; metabolites; monitoring; mutagens; rivers; statistical analysis; surface water; tracer techniques; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Mediterranean rivers are probably one of the most singular and endangered ecosystems worldwide due to the presence of many endemic species and a long history of anthropogenic impacts. Besides a conservation value per se, biodiversity is related to the services that ecosystems provide to society and the ability of these to cope with stressors, including climate change. Using macro-invertebrates and ...