Jump to Main Content
- Scheffer, Marten; Xu, Chi; Hantson, Stijn; Holmgren, Milena; Los, Sietse O.; van Nes, Egbert H.
- Global change biology 2018 v.24 no.7 pp. 2875-2883
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; biodiversity; canopy; carbon sequestration; climate change; correlation; equipment; rain; rain forests; satellites; temperate zones; temperature; trees; tropical forests; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Rainforests are among the most charismatic as well as the most endangered ecosystems of the world. However, although the effects of climate change on tropical forests resilience is a focus of intense research, the conditions for their equally impressive temperate counterparts remain poorly understood, and it remains unclear whether tropical and temperate rainforests have fundamental similarities o ...
- Colin, Nicole; Porte, Cinta; Fernandes, Denise; Barata, Carlos; Padrós, Francesc; Carrassón, Maite; Monroy, Mario; Cano-Rocabayera, Oriol; de Sostoa, Adolfo; Piña, Benjamín; Maceda-Veiga, Alberto
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.540 pp. 307-323
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; anthropogenic activities; anthropogenic stressors; bile; biodiversity; biomarkers; climate change; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; energy; experimental design; fish; food webs; health status; histopathology; indicator species; indigenous species; issues and policy; macroinvertebrates; managers; metabolites; monitoring; mutagens; rivers; statistical analysis; surface water; tracer techniques; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Mediterranean rivers are probably one of the most singular and endangered ecosystems worldwide due to the presence of many endemic species and a long history of anthropogenic impacts. Besides a conservation value per se, biodiversity is related to the services that ecosystems provide to society and the ability of these to cope with stressors, including climate change. Using macro-invertebrates and ...