Jump to Main Content
- Basile, Angelo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2017 v.157 pp. 45-62
- biodiversity; case studies; climate; climate change; cultivars; deficit irrigation; irrigated farming; irrigation management; models; plant available water; soil water balance; sustainable agriculture; tomatoes; water resources; Italy
- ... In the context of climate change strategies are needed towards sustainable agricultural production. The aim of this study is to identify crop adaptation options to face the expected changes in water availability by exploiting the existing intra-specific biodiversity of the tomato crop and accounting for irrigation management and the hydrological properties of soils. The biophysical dimension of cr ...
- Basile, Angelo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2014 v.128 pp. 82-99
- biodiversity; case studies; climate; climate change; corn; cropping systems; crops; cultivars; evapotranspiration; hybrids; irrigation rates; irrigation scheduling; simulation models; soil water; soil water balance; water flow; Italy
- ... Climate change may lead to differences in the distribution of precipitation and to reduced water availability, with constraints on the cultivation of some crops. An analysis of vulnerability and of opportunities for adaptation is required for crops in areas where they are currently cultivated. The intra-specific biodiversity of crops is a significant resource for the adaptation of agriculture, but ...