Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Mengjie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.235 pp. 350-356
- Desulfobulbus; Trichococcus; biodegradation; bioelectrochemistry; humic acids; metabolites; microorganisms
- ... In this paper, the typical organic component of humic acid (HA) was studied to explore its effect on the co-metabolic biodegradation of Tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBPA) in bioelectrochemical systems (BES). The degradation efficiency, intermediate metabolites and microbial diversity were investigated to demonstrate the impact of HA on the biodegradation of TBBPA in BES-HA-T (Bioelectrochemical system ...
- Fan, Mengjie, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2017 v.321 pp. 791-800
- Azoarcus; anodes; biodegradation; bioelectrochemistry; biofilm; bisphenol A; glucose; half life; pollutants; toxicity; wastewater
- ... Tetrabromobisphenol A(TBBPA), a pollutant in industrial wastewaters, needs to be removed due to its high toxicity and persistence. The main biodegradation pathway for TBBPA has been studied, and bisphenol A(BPA), which is toxic to the environment, is recognized as the general terminal product. In this study, we explored a new approach for the anaerobic biodegradation of TBBPA in a bioelectrochemic ...