Jump to Main Content
- Nilsson, Robert T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.90 pp. 95-100
- Coriolus versicolor; biocatalysts; biofuels; enzyme activity; enzymes; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; ethanol production; fossil fuels; furfural; glucose; hydroxymethylfurfural; levulinic acid; lignocellulose; mannose; phenol; white-rot fungi; xylose
- ... Ligno-cellulosic biofuels, notably ethanol produced in processes involving biological fermentation, have high potential as renewable alternatives to fossil fuels. However, ligno-cellulose pretreatment procedures generate substances that inhibit current biocatalysts. Thus, efficient methods are required for improving these organisms' tolerance or developing new biocatalysts with higher tolerance to ...
- Nilsson, Robert T., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.176 pp. 71-79
- Betula; Clostridium acetobutylicum; acidification; activated carbon; batch fermentation; biofuels; biological production; butanol; carbon dioxide; feedstocks; hardwood; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; hydroxymethylfurfural; kraft pulping; phenolic compounds; solubilization; solvents; waste liquors; xylan; xylose
- ... Acetone–butanol–ethanol (ABE) fermentation was studied using acid-hydrolyzed xylan recovered from hardwood Kraft black liquor by CO2 acidification as the only carbon source. Detoxification of hydrolyzate using activated carbon was conducted to evaluate the impact of inhibitor removal and fermentation. Xylose hydrolysis yields as high as 18.4% were demonstrated at the highest severity hydrolysis co ...