Jump to Main Content
- Kovalovszki, Adam, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2015 v.29 no.12 pp. 8088-8094
- Lolium; anaerobic digestion; biogas; byproducts; grasses; meadows; methane; methane production; rapeseed; spring barley; winter barley; winter wheat
- ... Biogas is extensively promoted as a promising renewable energy. Therefore, the search of appropriate co-substrates has come into focus. In this study, we examined the potential of using agricultural byproducts as alternative co-substrates for increased biogas production. The biochemical methane potential (BMP) of six agricultural organic byproducts were tested. Consecutively, the byproduct with th ...
- Kovalovszki, Adam, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.245 pp. 332-341
- anaerobic digestion; biogas; case studies; fermenters; hydrogen; mass transfer; mathematical models; methanogens; prediction
- ... Biogas upgrading processes by in-situ hydrogen (H2) injection are still challenging and could benefit from a mathematical model to predict system performance. Therefore, a previous model on anaerobic digestion was updated and expanded to include the effect of H2 injection into the liquid phase of a fermenter with the aim of modeling and simulating these processes. This was done by including hydrog ...