Jump to Main Content
- Gołaszewski, Janusz, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Energy 2017 v.134 pp. 50-60
- Helianthus salicifolius; Helianthus tuberosus; Miscanthus giganteus; Sida hermaphrodita; biogas; crops; energy efficiency; mineral fertilizers; Poland
- ... The aim of this study was to analyse the input and energy efficiency of the biomass production of four species of Perennial Herbaceous Crops (PHC): Helianthus tuberosus, Sida hermaphrodita, Helianthus salicifolius, Miscanthus × giganteus. The crops were fertilised with three types of biogas plant digestate (wet digestate, dry digestate, torrefied digestate) and mineral fertilizers at two rates (85 ...
- Gołaszewski, Janusz, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Archives of environmental protection 2015 v.41 no.3 pp. 70-75
- anaerobic digestion; arable soils; biogas; carbon dioxide; cations; dewatering; drying; energy; eutrophication; gases; gasification; heat treatment; mineral fertilizers; pyrolysis; sewage sludge; soil fertility; surface water; temperature; vegetation; winter
- ... Anaerobic digestion residue represents a nutrient rich resource which, if applied back on land, can reduce the use of mineral fertilizers and improve soil fertility. However, dewatering and further thermal processing of digestate may be recommended in certain situations. Limited applicability of digestate as fertilizer may appear, especially in winter, during the vegetation period or in areas wher ...