Jump to Main Content
- Mukherjee, P. K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2014 v.4 no.3 pp. 275-281
- Ganoderma; Sclerotium (genus); Trichoderma; bark; biological control; conidiation; cotton; disease control; mushrooms; pathogens; seedlings; soil; trees
- ... We have isolated three novel strains of Trichoderma (two T. harzianum and one T. atroviride) from wild mushroom and tree bark, and evaluated their biocontrol potential against Sclerotium delphinii infecting cultivated cotton seedlings. T. harzianum strain CICR-G, isolated as a natural mycoparasite on a tree-pathogenic Ganoderma sp. exhibited the highest disease suppression ability. This isolate wa ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mukherjee, P. K., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.136 no.3 pp. 443-457
- biological control; crop losses; crops; disease control; disease outbreaks; drought; farmers; growing season; infectious diseases; simulation models; soil fertility
- ... Rice brown spot (BS) is a chronic disease that affects millions of hectares of rice every growing season, grown by some of the most resource-poor farmers. Despite its widespread occurrence and impact, much still needs to be understood about BS. Reported yield losses in relative terms vary widely from 4 to 52 %. However, accurate, systematic estimates are lacking. BS is conventionally perceived as ...