Jump to Main Content
- Álvarez, Xana, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.187 pp. 255-262
- Chlorophyta; algae; biodiesel; biomass; culture media; electrodes; eutrophication; fatty acid methyl esters; fuel production; harvesting; palmitic acid; transesterification; viability; water reservoirs
- ... Each year there are more frequent blooms of green algae and cyanobacteria, representing a serious environmental problem of eutrophication. Electroflocculation (EF) was studied to harvest the algae which are present in reservoirs, as well as different factors which may influence on the effectiveness of the process: the voltage applied to the culture medium, run times, electrodes separation and natu ...
- Álvarez, Xana, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.204 pp. 152-156
- Eucalyptus globulus; algae; bark; biomass; boilers; branches; calcium chloride; coagulants; coagulation; forestry; freshwater; fuels; pellets; sodium alginate; tannins
- ... There is a comparison of different coagulants: calcium chloride (20, 60, 120 and 180mg/L); sodium alginate (10 and 20mg/L) and tannins of Eucalyptus globulus bark (10 and 20mg/L) in order to make the most of each method. The results show that 20mg/L of tannin achieved a recovery efficiency of 95.35±1.16, sodium alginate 90.49±0.53 and 84.04±2.29 for calcium chloride. Taking into account the econom ...