Jump to Main Content
- Djioleu, Angele, et al. Show all 2 Author
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2018 v.6 no.3 pp. 3443-3452
- Panicum virgatum; beta-glucosidase; biomass; cellulose; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; enzyme inhibitors; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; models; polyphenols; saccharification; statistical analysis; sulfuric acid; temperature
- ... The identification of biomass pretreatment-generated compounds that impede cellulose hydrolysis is critical for improving the overall biomass saccharification process. The aim of this study was to correlate the identification and concentrations of switchgrass dilute acid pretreatment-generated compounds to cellulolytic enzyme inhibition and to tie this back to processing parameters. Preparation of ...
- Djioleu, Angele, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- BioEnergy research 2017 v.10 no.4 pp. 1138-1154
- biofuels; biomass; biorefining; cellulose; crystal structure; digestibility; enzymatic hydrolysis; feedstocks; hemicellulose; lignin; lignocellulose; value added
- ... Pinewood is an abundant source of lignocellulosic biomass that has potential to be used as renewable feedstock in biorefineries for conversion into advanced biofuels and other value-added chemicals. However, its structural recalcitrance, due to the compact packing of its major components, viz. cellulose, hemicellulose and lignin, high lignin content, and high cellulose crystallinity, is a major bo ...