Jump to Main Content
- Taff, Steven, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2011 v.35 no.11 pp. 4557-4564
- bioenergy; biomass; cost effectiveness; equipment; fuels; fuels (fire ecology); harvesting; income; logging; ownership; pulp; Minnesota; Superior National Forest
- ... The goal of this article is to address the question: can the production and sale of biomass for energy help reduce the costs of conventional mechanical pile and burn forest fuel treatments? To address this question, this study analyzes data from six forest fuel reduction treatment units that combined biomass-harvesting trials in the Superior National Forest located in the state of Minnesota, USA. ...
- Taff, Steven, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy policy 2011 v.39 no.11 pp. 7191-7201
- alternative fuels; biomass; carbon; corn; ethanol; ethanol production; fuel production; gasohol; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; heat treatment; issues and policy; land use change; life cycle assessment; models; refining; stochastic processes; transportation; uncertainty; Minnesota
- ... State and regional policies, such as low carbon fuel standards (LCFSs), increasingly mandate that transportation fuels be examined according to their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. We investigate whether such policies benefit from determining fuel carbon intensities (FCIs) locally to account for variations in fuel production and to stimulate improvements in FCI. In this study, we examine the FCI ...