Jump to Main Content
- Wali, Mariem, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2015 v.22 no.14 pp. 10769-10777
- Sesuvium portulacastrum; absorption; biomass; biotopes; cadmium; chlorosis; halophytes; heavy metals; leaves; necrosis; plant growth; proteins; salinity; seedlings; shoots; sodium chloride; stems; tissues; toxicity
- ... It has previously been shown that certain halophytes can grow and produce biomass despite of the contamination of their saline biotopes with toxic metals. This suggests that these plants are able to cope with both salinity and heavy metal constraints. NaCl is well tolerated by halophytes and apparently can modulate their responses to Cd. However, the underlying mechanisms remain unclear. This stud ...
- Wali, Mariem, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied soil ecology 2019 v.133 pp. 104-113
- Curtobacterium; Hedysarum carnosum; Pseudomonas putida; biomass; chlorophyll; greenhouse experimentation; inoculum; leaves; malondialdehyde; photosynthesis; plant development; plant growth; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; proline; reactive oxygen species; rhizosphere; rhizosphere bacteria; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; toxicity
- ... The present work aims to characterize native bacteria from the saline rhizosphere of Sulla carnosa and to identify promising rhizobacteria isolates able to ameliorate the salt tolerance of this species. Bacteria were screened in vitro for salt tolerance capacity and plant growth promoting characteristics (PGP). Selected NaCl-tolerant bacteria showing a high PGP potential were further characterized ...