Jump to Main Content
- van de Weyer, Klaus, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Limnologica 2018 v.68 pp. 168-176
- Chara; Myriophyllum spicatum; Potamogeton perfoliatus; biomass; community structure; eutrophication; groundwater; herbivores; lakes; littoral zone; macrophytes; nutrient content; shade; stoichiometry
- ... Groundwater influx can significantly contribute to nutrient budgets of lakes and its influence is strongest in shallow littoral areas. In oligo- or mesotrophic systems, additional nutrient supply by groundwater influx may affect benthic primary producers and their interactions. Potential changes can be expected in community composition, biomass, stoichiometry and interactions between submerged mac ...
- Van de Weyer, Klaus, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2010 v.18Suppls2 pp. 452-461
- Characeae; biomass; eutrophication; fish; habitats; herbivores; lakes; macrophytes; meadows; periphyton; phosphorus; plant communities; sediments; shade; species diversity; turbidity; Germany
- ... Eutrophication of two urban temperate dimictic lakes in Berlin (Germany), smaller Schlachtensee (0.4 km²) and larger Lake Tegel (3 km²), caused total phosphorus (TP) concentrations up to 800 μg/L and a complete loss of their diverse submerged vegetation in the 1960s due to poor light conditions. Phosphorus stripping of their inflow began in the 1980s and caused a pronounced decline of their epilim ...