Jump to Main Content
- SKAALA, Ø.; JØRSTAD, K.E.
- Aquaculture research 1994 v.25 no.S2 pp. 121-129
- biopsy, etc ; Salmo salar; alleles; aquaculture; autumn; eggs; females; gene flow; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotyping; hatcheries; heterozygosity; homozygosity; isozymes; males; mortality; muscles; rivers; spawning; tissues; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In autumn 1992, a number of farmed and wild Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., spawners were screened for genetic variability in isoenzymes expressed in low‐risk tissues. Samples of muscle and fin tissues were taken by biopsy shortly before spawning. In the Daleelv hatchery a male heterozygous for GPI‐3*105 allele was crossed with four females homozygous for the common allele from Matre aquaculture ...
- Marks, Stanley L.; Moore, Peter F.; Taylor, Debra W.; Munn, Robert J.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 1995 v.9 no.1 pp. 50-54
- biopsy, etc ; CD29 antigen; T-lymphocytes; antibodies; antiserum; bone marrow; dogs; electrophoresis; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin M; major histocompatibility complex; medicine; myeloma; plasma cells; prednisone; rough endoplasmic reticulum; spaying; urine; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A 12‐year‐old, female spayed Chihuahua was diagnosed with nonsecretory multiple myeloma on the basis of multiple osteolytic lesions, histological evidence of plasma cell infiltrate on a bone biopsy, and absence of a monoclonal protein on serum and urine electrophoresis. A 6‐week course of prednisone therapy resulted in no clinical improvement and the dog was euthanized 2 weeks after presentation b ...