Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.78 pp. 132-139
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bioreactors; dissolved oxygen; dose response; habitats; ions; iron; isotopes; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; total nitrogen
- ... In this paper, three bio-reactors were designed to determine the effects of different zero-valent iron (ZVI) powder dosages on anammox. Initially, a high ZVI dosage inhibited the anammox process, while anammox adopted the habitat after long-term culture. The continuous experiment indicated that R2 (100 mg ZVI/L) had no notable effect on shortening the anammox start-up time, while R3 (1000 mg ZVI/L ...
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.251 pp. 13-21
- Planctomycetes; Proteobacteria; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bacterial communities; bioreactors; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; databases; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; fouling; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; organic matter; quantitative polymerase chain reaction
- ... A distinct shift of bacterial community driven by organic matter (OM) and powder activated carbon (PAC) was discovered in the simultaneous anammox and denitrification (SAD) process which was operated in an anti-fouling submerged anaerobic membrane bio-reactor. Based on anammox performance, optimal OM dose (50 mg/L) was advised to start up SAD process successfully. The results of qPCR and high thro ...