Jump to Main Content
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.35 no.5 pp. 78
- Earth atmosphere; biomass production; bioreactors; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; culture media; economic impact; energy; environmental impact; global warming; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; microalgae; microorganisms; organic compounds; photosynthesis
- ... The increase in the CO₂ concentration in the Earth's atmosphere has been a topic of worldwide concern since anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases began increasing considerably during the industrial period. The effects of these mass emissions are probably the main cause of global warming, which has been observed over recent decades. Among the various techniques of CO₂ capture, microalgal biof ...
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.220 pp. 62-67
- Spirulina; biomass; bioreactors; electric current; ferrimagnetic materials; magnetic fields; microalgae
- ... This study aimed at evaluating the influence of magnetic field on the growth and biomass composition of Spirulina sp., cultivated in vertical tubular photobioreactors. Magnetic fields of 5, 30 and 60mT generated by electric current and ferrite magnets were applied at different lengths of time. The magnetic field of 30 and 60mT for 1hd−1 stimulated the growth, thus leading to higher biomass concent ...